Due to the Shelter in Place order all San Francisco/East Bay face to face meetings are being temporarily suspended.
Each meeting should take its own group conscience about how to best keep their meeting going during the shut down. Using phone in meetings via freeconferencecall.com or Zoom is probably the best option. Both have audio only or audio/video formats. (Zoom has a 40 minute meeting limit for unpaid accounts). Online meetings are another option.
In the spirit of autonomy each meeting should take its own group conscience about how to best keep their meeting going during the Coronavirus shut down– whether via phone or in-person at a different location.
Please, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your group’s changes of time/venue or creation of phone/online conference call information, so we can update the meeting calendar on our website as soon as possible.
Some relevant traditions to consider while dealing with this situation:
1. Our common welfare should come first; personal recovery depends upon S.L.A.A. unity.
2. For our group purpose there is but one ultimate authority — a loving God as this Power may be expressed through our group conscience. Our leaders are but trusted servants; they do not govern.
3. The only requirement for S.L.A.A. membership is a desire to stop living out a pattern of sex and love addiction. Any two or more persons gathered together for mutual aid in recovering from sex and love addiction may call themselves an S.L.A.A. group, provided that as a group they have no other affiliation.
4. Each group should be autonomous except in matters affecting other groups or S.L.A.A. as a whole.
10. S.L.A.A. has no opinion on outside issues; hence the S.L.A.A. name ought never be drawn into public controversy.