May Is Individual Contribution Month
“Giving Back What Has So Generously Been Given”
Ever think about all the money you spent on your addiction? Donating a small part of that amount directly to S.L.A.A.’s Fellowship-Wide Services (F.W.S.) helps provide materials that aid us in recovery from our devastating illness.
Each May, members of Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous are invited to contribute directly to F.W.S., thereby acknowledging their gratitude to the Fellowship that in some cases saved, and in many cases sustained their lives as recovering addicts.
Consistent with Tradition Seven (“Every S.L.A.A. group ought to be fully self-supporting, declining outside contributions.”), such donations ensure that the infrastructure we need to help ourselves and others is financially sustained. Giving is easier than ever before at https://slaafws.org/
What is Fellowship-Wide Services (F.W.S.)? The F.W.S. Office is a general services office that groups, Intergroups, and in some cases individuals go to for materials and other recovery support. Further, the F.W.S. Office assists the Board of Trustees in performing its duties and legal requirements. The following is a list of what F.W.S. handles.
• Printing, selling, and distribution of Conference-Approved literature (S.L.A.A. Basic Text, pamphlets, medallions, and Starter Kits for groups and Intergroups)• Assistance with starting new meetings and Intergroups world-wide• Coordination of Annual Business Conference/Meeting• Support to Conference Committees which facilitate overall growth of the fellowship, including literature translation, creation of new literature, outreach to institutions and prisons, website development and maintenance, and communications with Intergroups and members• Bookkeeping and maintenance of legal documents
How to Give
• Individuals are encouraged to increase their weekly F.W.S. basket contributions (if your group has this practice), as contributions are made to F.W.S. at the Intergroup level.• Individuals can set up recurring contributions (i.e., monthly) to be automatically deducted from your debit or credit card at https://slaafws.org.• Individuals can make a one-time contribution online at https://slaafws.org/
contributions• Individuals can make a one-time contribution by check.• Make check payable to Fellowship-Wide Services and write Individual Contribution Month on memo line and mail to F.W.S., 1550 NE Loop, 410 Suite 118, San Antonio, TX 78209 USA.
Special Note: S.L.A.A.is a 501c3 organization and contributions to it are tax deductible
Shelter in Place Announcement 3/17/20
Due to the Shelter in Place order all San Francisco/East Bay face to face meetings are temporarily suspended.
Each meeting should take its own group conscience about how to best keep their meeting going during the shut down. Using phone in meetings via freeconferencecall.com or Zoom is probably the best option. Both have audio only or audio/video formats. (Zoom has a 40 minute meeting limit for unpaid accounts). Online meetings are another option.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your group’s phone/online conference call information, so we can update the meeting calendar on our website as soon as possible. Please monitor our website we will try to provide the most current updates as this situation develops.
ONLINE & PHONE MEETINGS (Links to slaafws.org webste –fellowship-wide services)
Public Information Committee
Introducing the New S.L.A.A. Lifesaver Program To Encourage Automatic Monthly Giving
Now more than ever, F.W.S. needs your 7th Tradition support. Individuals, Groups, and Intergroups can sign up to make automatic monthly contributions. Double your monthly contribution by giving now! Due to the generosity of members like you, if you join now, contributions will be matched dollar for dollar up to $101,000 total. This is an unprecedented opportunity to ensure the long-term financial security of SLAA.
YOUR LIFESAVER MONTHLY CONTRIBUTIONS:
- Expand outreach materials and programs for the addicts still suffering
- Fund new S.L.A.A. technology initiatives
- Create and fund new benefits for F.W.S. Employees
The SLAA Audio Library Committee (ALC) is collecting 10-30
minute lead share recordings from fellows; you can record on voice
memos, time yourself, and send in to Audio@SLAAlosangeles.org. The
recordings will be uploaded to Google drive to be posted on the SLAA Los
Angeles website. Send in your audio with this waiver:
https://tinyurl.com/audiowavier If you have questions, please email the
ALC. Share your experience, strength, and hope with fellows around the
Flyer for shares:
S.L.A.A. Audio Library Committee
If you have an announcement for the SLAA San Francisco/East Bay Intergroup website, please email it to the Webeditor or click the link at the bottom right corner of your screen. In general, announcements do not need to be put forth as a “business item” at the monthly Intergroup meeting.
*********************************************************************************** Upcoming events are no longer listed on the announcements page in order to eliminate the need to update events on multiple pages. For upcoming events visit the upcoming events page
Click here for both a displayed and printable schedule of meetings.